Makes two medium pizzas
For the Dough
- 2 ¼ tsp Active Dry Yeast
- ¾ cup Water, 100-115°
- 1 ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
For the Sauce & Toppings
- ¼ cup Semolina Flour
- 1 cup Thousand Island Dressing
- 8 oz Shredded Aged White Cheddar Cheese
- 1 ½ cups Sauerkraut, drained
- 6 oz Augie’s Montreal Pastrami, chopped
- 1 small Yellow Onion, cut in half & thinly sliced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the yeast, water, salt, olive oil, and honey. Let stand for a few minutes until the yeast starts getting foamy on the surface.
- Place in the flour and stir together with a wooden spoon or spatula until a lumpy dough forms around the spoon, and comes away from the side of the bowl.
- Remove the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead for a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise to almost twice the size (about 45 minutes to 1 hour).
- Preheat the oven to 550° with a pizza stone on the middle rack.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each portion into thin circles about 10 inches wide. Place 1 of the doughs onto a pizza peel dusted with semolina flour.
- Spread ½ the 1000 island dressing evenly around the crust leaving about ½ – 1 inch edge. Cover with ½ the aged white cheddar, and top with ½ the sauerkraut, ½ the yellow onions, and ½ the Augie’s Montreal Pastrami. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Place onto the pizza stone and close the lid for about 3-4 minutes. Rotate the pizza180 degrees, cover, and cook for another 2-4 minutes until the crust is golden brown and crispy. Remove to a cooling rack for a couple minutes before slicing.
- Repeat with the other pizza crust and toppings.
- Pizza peel
- Cooling rack
- Rolling pin
- Wood spatula or spoon
- Cook’s knife
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Large mixing bowl