- 2 lbs Augie’s Montreal Smoke Meat, cut into 6 equal sized portions
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 2 ½ cups Beef Stock
- 6 sprigs Thyme
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled & large diced
- 2 stalks Button Mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 large Onion, peeled & large diced4 cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper to tate
- Thyme Sprig for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Heat a large skillet pan on high heat. Add some olive oil and sear the Smoke Meat on all sides until nicely browned.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes. Add in the stock and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Place the beef along with the cooking liquid, thyme, carrots, mushrooms, onion, and garlic into a Dutch oven. Season with salt & pepper. Put on a tight fitting lid (or use aluminum foil) and place into the oven for about 1 ½ – 2 hours, until the meat is fork tender.
- Serve along with your favorite side dish.