- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, minced
- 5-6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 large Carrot, peeled & minced
- 2 stalks Celery, minced
- 1-2 tbsp Oregano, minced
- 1 ½ lbs Augie’s Montreal Smoke Meat, finely chopped
- ½ cup Basil, chiffonade
- ½ cup Red Wine
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 6 cups Canned Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 lb Fusilli Pasta
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Aged Parmesan, shaved, to taste
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large saucepot over high heat. Add the onion, along with some salt and pepper, and sauté for a minute or so. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for about 30 minutes until they are starting to caramelize.
- Add in the garlic, carrot, and celery along with some salt & pepper. Sauté for about 5-8 minutes until softened and starting to brown. Add in the Smoke Meat, wine, canned tomatoes, stock, and herbs; bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer for about 1 hour.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until just about fully cooked through. Remove from the water and add into the sauce to finish cooking for another minute or two.
- Serve the pasta along with some shaved parmesan.